Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Favourite Christmas Decorations

While at Sallies recently I spied  a bag of wooden rings apparently used for hanging curtains.  We've found they make great xmas decorations.  This is one Ella made.  I love how shes finished it with a plaited hanger.

 Gosh it looks like I've been on the turps taking this blurry photo!

This is made from a wooden peg.  Acorn cap for hat, mohair wool for hair, artificial flowers for wings and hat and felt for body.  This one I made for Laura.  I thought we would make more but I'm running out of time with a list of other things to finish.

Ben made the decoration on the left last year when he did embroidery lessons.  He made up the design himself.  He embroidered three strips of craft felt and then plaited them together.

We were given these by dear friends Paul and Evie years and years ago.  They're probably the kids favourite.  Most importantly they're able to hold a candy cane.

I bought this from Trade Aid years ago and its my all time favourite.  It sits on the eating table and when its dark the light shines through the stars in the pottery.  I recently added the large angel while buying some stocking fillers for the children, also from trade Aid.  Its earthy and handmade and it sums up my wish for xmas, simplicity, handmade and giving from your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...