Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday

This is the beginnings of a present for someone special.  I can't say too much because she is an avid reader of this blog.  This started its life as a damask linen table napkin.  But I have plans for it to be something completely different.

I've stamped this with normal stamp ink and heat set it with the iron.  I think it should be pretty permanent because it won't be getting washed.

I've covered the stamps I changed my mind on with fabric.  The 'sew pretty' was stitched with blue crochet cotton which gives it a nice ridged feel to it.  The recipient is a beekeper and has a garden of her very own.  Theres a few buttons and some sewing to do.  Its going to be a cover for something but I won't say what yet.  I'm hoping to get it finished by xmas.  I love giving handmade.  And I love personalising it for each special person.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this please do show when you are done?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...