Thursday, 8 September 2011

Some Of My Favourite Places Inside

Old Suitcases are great for storage and they look good too.  Some of these are family treasures and Tony took one of them to Fiji on a family holiday 40 years ago.  I love the needlework picture.  The amount of time and patience to do this always amazes me.  Crochet blanket made by Tony's mother a long, long time ago.  One of my favourites.  She was an amazing crocheter, spinner, knitter and embroiderer.



At the top of the stairs.


   
Some of our favourite pinnies (aprons).  The frayed hanging on the left was made by dyeing eucalyptus leaves on to wool.  Its covering a hole made for a light switch.


At the kitchen window:  Old bottles remind me of when I was about 5 or 6 years old, taken by a kind old neighbour to dig for bottles in the old goldfields of Clyde.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...