Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Out Of The Ashes

Since the February earthquake I have been holding onto a bucket of broken china.  Some of it family stuff.  Much of it with a story to tell.  I thought it would be wonderful for mosaics.  So I have hung onto it awaiting inspiration.  Well that day has arrived and I decided to turn some of the pieces into  felted brooches.  I love reusing something that has finished its intended life to begin a new life in some other form.


They are about 1 - 2 inches in size.



This one is my favourite.


If you're interested in knowing how to make your own, leave me a comment and I'll explain the process.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea - you clever thing! I just love them :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a brilliant idea! they look lovely!
    i'd love to see find out how you did them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely idea for remembering your china, I love the bird one too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful and what a wonderful way to save your broken china!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea to recycle them!! it s fun to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...